Monday, December 14, 2009

Disappointment

I took a long weekend this last weekend and Sunday I began to reflect on the last year. I have awesome family and a great job. However, I have not accomplished anything really I had set out to do. I always find that I have a ton of excuses as to why I cannot get to the things that I want to accomplish in my life. Of course my top two priorities I have met in my life one is a strong family and the other is a job I love.

So with that said what about my other goals, the little ones I want for myself. I wrote a little here and there, I programmed a little here and there, I studied japanese a little here and there. I worked out a little here and there. See the pattern? I do! I know the one thing I sure accomplished and that was that I did watch a lot of TV.

So it stops now. The things I really want to accomplish for the year of 2010.

1. Work out (Get below 200lbs.)
2. Finish writing Arcane Magicka
3. Workout
4. Start on Jack and the legend of the wierdling
5. Workout, lol you get the picture
6. Lay the ground work for the story Gemini Divided
7. Learn japanese
8. Learn to program
9. Learn to play the guitar
10. Get a second job so we can start on our dream to build a new home and dog kennel
11. Still make sure I have time for friends and family

Long list but it is doable I know aslong as I kill the temptress known as the TV

So here is to a new beginning
Last night I looked over the story in progess
This morning I got up and swam for thirty minutes, I brought workout clothes so I can work out later today also. So so far so good, lets see if I can continue upon the path.

1 comment:

D.M. Bonanno said...

Good luck. I would recommend a system of checking in that works for you. I post monthly updates to my goals, that is listing what I've accomplished that month and planning for the month ahead. On www.fmwriters.com, I post on the weekly/daily boards, and it helps keep me on track too. So the time that I'm not working on my goals, is not time that I'm goofing off, but that life makes it impossible.

And that's okay too. Just don't forget to record what you have done because we get lost in the moment and don't realize how much we've actually accomplished.